Live-in Care versus a Care Home
Going into a nursing or care home can mean a total upheaval of life as you’ve always known it. With our support, your life doesn’t have to change in the same way. Sharing your home with a Live-in Carer or Live-in Nurse means you can be properly cared for, in the place you feel most comfortable.
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A LIVE-IN CARER OR NURSE, AND A CARE HOME:
- Continue to live in your home among familiar people, furniture and surroundings
- Remain with your spouse and pets
- Choose how you spend your day, rather than following a set routine
- Invite your friends and family over as and when you feel like it – no set visiting hours to worry about
- Choose what and when you eat, rather than following a set menu
- Continue to take part in the activities you enjoy, rather than being restricted by travel and timings
- Enjoy the one-to-one company of a Live-in Carer or Live-in Nurse who has been hand-picked for you and build a meaningful personal relationship, instead of being cared for by a larger number of sometimes unfamiliar care home staff
You may be surprised that the cost of private Live-in Care can compare favourably to some care homes. Our costs are transparent and your individual needs are discussed in detail with our dedicated New Client Care Consultants. Consultus doesn’t have any hidden extras.
Our services are especially cost-effective for couples who need assistance, and Live-in Care means you get to stay together. We are always greatly saddened to hear about couples who are separated at times when they need each other more than ever. Consultus want you to live the life you wish for, in your own homes, with your loved-ones at your side.
Communication is key for Consultus; once you have a carer or nurse in place we keep in contact to ensure everyone has settled in and the relationship between both parties is working well. If any concerns arise our team of Care Consultants will contact the family and discuss how best to deal with the situation. Through our Managed Care & Nursing Services, we can also escalate any potential problems to a local GP or OT.
For almost 60 years we have been identifying common interests between carers, nurses and clients. Where possible, we ensure that the person who stays in your home will share your enjoyment in a love of film, music, books or, in a number of cases, a foreign language in which to communicate with you or your family member. Many great friendships have been forged from this service and we pride ourselves on making good matches which benefit everyone.
Many of our Live-in Nurses have years of experience of palliative care and understand the need to show empathy and dignity. We also provide private Live-in Palliative Nurses, who offer a ‘hospice in the home’ for those in the last stage of illness. With the right care in place, home is a more comfortable, dignified and private place for all concerned than a nursing home or hospital.
Another benefit of having a private Live-in Nurse at home is that you can be discharged early from hospital after an operation. Genuine personal nursing can help you recuperate at home and, as you recover, our nurses can ensure you follow your Care Plan and reduce the risk of re-admittance.