Carer Update Course
It is Consultus policy that your training is updated every year and our comprehensive Carer Update Course has been designed to help you update your knowledge and skills. This course is mapped to the Skills for Care Core and mandatory training guidance covering a range of topics including moving and positioning, basic life support, safeguarding adults, infection control and medication.
- Part One (e-learning course): Safeguarding Adults
- Part Two (online training):
- – Topic One: Moving & positioning (theory), fire safety, health & safety, communication and recording & reporting
- – Topic Two: Basic life support (theory) and first aid
- – Topic Three: Food hygiene, nutrition & hydration, oral health, dignity, person-centred care and mental capacity
- – Topic Four: Medication and infection control
- Part Three (practical training): on completion of parts one and two, you will attend a practical session at our training centre in Tonbridge where you will practice moving and positioning and basic life support techniques. To pass the course it is essential that carers can successfully demonstrate safe use of the moving and positioning equipment and perform the basic life support and moving and positioning techniques safely and correctly. CPR must be performed while kneeling
The sessions run from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm every Monday, Tuesday and Friday with a maximum of eight carers per session. Dates can be found on the training calendar.
Please note that it is necessary to complete Parts One and Two of the course prior to attending your practical training.
We do understand that work commitments can make it difficult for you to travel to Tonbridge, but we ask that the practical session is completed within two months from starting Part One.