APPLYING FROM SPAIN AND PORTUGAL
Are you currently living in Spain with an interest in becoming a live-in carer in the UK? Get in touch with Consultus and learn more about becoming a carer in the UK. You’ll also receive a complimentary training package from our award-winning centre worth over £200, plus a £50 further education voucher to use in our training centre*.
In any one week, we have more than 600 carers looking after elderly and vulnerable people in their own homes throughout the UK. Working as a live-in carer is an excellent way to earn an income while visiting friends or family in the UK.
*Training needs to be completed within 10 days, including a half-day practical training session. Training certificates received after 42 days’ worth of bookings.
Benefits of working as a Live-in Carer with Consultus
- You can expect to earn £674-£1,064 per week
- £7.50 additional night call supplement
- Inclusive accommodation while on assignment
- Travelling costs as agreed with your clients
- Double rates of pay for bank holidays plus other occasional days
- Three luxurious Carer Houses, located in a beautiful part of Tonbridge in Kent
- Additional training and qualifications offered by our multi-award-winning training team
- Our bookings will typically last for 2-3 weeks at a time
- Flexible working – You choose when you work!
Living in Spain or Portugal and travelling to the UK for work may not be something that you would have thought of. However, we have many carers who do just that. They enjoy their lifestyle in Spain and Portugal, and find it convenient to travel to the UK during the winter months to work and see the country. The advantage of being a self-employed carer is that you can choose when you wish to work and for how long.
Our Overseas Recruitment Consultants have a wealth of knowledge in preparing you for a career as a live-in carer, and will support you throughout the application process. When you arrive in the UK, you will continue to receive our support from staying at our bespoke Carer Houses, from the UK Recruitment and DBS team, and our experienced Care Consultants, who all understand the journey you have taken before your arrival to the UK.
Unsure if you are eligible to work for us? Please note – only those with a British/EU Passport or a British Ancestry Visa may apply to become a carer. Consultus is unable to sponsor applicants or assist those needing to obtain a work visa.