Client COVID-19 Hospital Discharge Policy
Consultus Care & Nursing Client COVID-19 Hospital Discharge Policy makes it mandatory for the Client to take a PCR COVID-19 test before being discharged from hospital back home into the care of either a Consultus Live-in Nurse or Live-in Carer or to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours before Consultus Care will book/confirm bookings for either a Live-in Nurse or Live-in Carer.
It is the responsibility of the hospital to offer the Client/patient a PCR COVID-19 test, if this is not the case the Client /family are advised to persevere and insist on a test before being discharged home. If the Client is unable to obtain a test from the hospital Consultus Care can provide the Client with a private test in the case of being discharged into either the care of a Nurse or Carer. Consultus has introduced the COVID-19 hospital discharge policy to ensure the safety of the Carer/Nurse to minimise the risk of cross infection to safeguard and protect all parties from spreading the disease.
1. A Client being discharged from hospital to home into the care of a Consultus Live-in Nurse or Live-in Carer will be asked to take a mandatory PCR COVID -19 test
2. Consultus Care will only arrange or confirm bookings for either a Live-in Carer or Live-Nurse once a negative PCR COVID-19 test has been received from the Client
3. Consultus Care can provide the Client with an Antibody blood finger prick test and/or a Saliva PCR
COVID -19 test if requested
4. The COVID-19 Saliva PCR test is categorised as a test so can be administered by a Carer who currently is not listed as a health care professional
5. The Live-in Nurse as a health care professional is permitted to conduct the Antibody blood finger prick test
6. Both the Antibody Test and Saliva PCR test can be performed in the Client’s own home
7. The Nurse/Carer will follow the Consultus Care internal Covid-19 test procedure in reporting results and uploading information
8. Consent from the Client and/or family will be requested
9. When the Negative COVID-19 result has been received at the Consultus Care Head Office the Care Consultant will arrange and confirm the Client booking