- What are the benefits of care training?
Training is important for all carers, whether you are experienced or new to caring. Consultus courses:
- increase your self-assurance, knowledge and skills
- inspire greater client confidence
- open up more varied work opportunities
- develop your career as a carer
- increase your earning potential.
- Why do I need training?
As a self-employed carer it’s up to you to make sure you have all the relevant training and skills to meet the needs of your clients. Training must be kept up to date and it is our policy that all our carers attend an annual moving and positioning refresher course. We also recommend that everyone attends our first aid course at least once every three years.
Think of training as an investment in your own personal and professional development; the skills and knowledge you gain directly benefit the wellbeing of your clients and lead to recommendations and more opportunities.
- What training should carers new to Consultus undertake?
Our clients expect a really high standard of care, so it’s our policy that you attend our four day induction course.
- What training do you offer?
We currently offer the following training courses:
- our four day induction course for new carers
- BTEC Level 2 Award in Dementia Awareness
- Diploma Levels 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- a variety of care-related courses delivered in-house
- distance learning courses
You’ll find details on all courses here and you can see our training calendar here.
- Can I attend a Consultus Care Training Centre course if I am not a Consultus Carer?
We welcome all people to attend our in-house training, complete our distance learning courses and, as appropriate, undertake the Level 2 and 3 Diploma in health and social care. All training courses are delivered by qualified and experienced healthcare professionals with specific training in the courses offered.
In-house training takes place in our Training Centre at our head office in Tonbridge, Kent. It’s just a 15-minute walk from the nearest mainline rail station.
- Is your training expensive?
Absolutely not, Consultus heavily subsidise the cost of training as we recognise the benefits our courses offer to carers, clients and our own reputation. We also offer two free distance learning courses for all new Consultus carers. For further information on the cost of our courses, please contact out Training Team.
- When does the training take place?
For our current timetable, please go to our Training Calendar. For new carers, training will be arranged in conjunction with your interview; for existing carers, training can be scheduled into a day between assignments.
- How do I book to attend a course or find out more?
- Where can I stay?
Our two Consultus Carer Houses provides new and existing carers with convenient, comfortable and affordable accommodation within easy walking distance of our Training Centre in Tonbridge.