Training is important for all carers, whether you are experienced or new to caring. Consultus courses:
- increase your self-assurance, knowledge and skills
- inspire greater client confidence
- open up more varied work opportunities
- develop your career as a carer
- increase your earning potential.
If you are undertaking bookings as a self-employed carer it’s up to you to make sure you have all the relevant training and skills to meet the needs of your clients. It is considered best practice to keep skills and knowledge up to date by completing relevant training must be kept up to date and it is our recommendation that carers who are introduced by Consultus attend an annual Carer Update course. We also suggest that everyone attends a first aid course at least once every three years.
Clients expect a really high standard of care. All new carers to Consultus will receive our Complimentary Training Package which includes your virtual/online training and a half day face-to-face session. Find out more here
We currently offer the following training courses:
- Five day induction course for new carers
- BTEC Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Dementia
- BTEC Level 3 Award in End of Life Care
- Diploma Levels 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- Variety of care-related courses delivered in-house
- One Day Emergency First Aid at Work
- Three Day First Aid at Work Level 3
- Variety of online courses
You’ll find details on all courses here and you can see our training calendar here.
We welcome all people to attend our in-house training, complete our e-learning courses and, as appropriate, undertake the Level 2 and 3 Diploma in health and social care. All training courses are delivered by qualified and experienced healthcare professionals with specific training in the courses offered.
In-house training takes place in our Training Centre at our head office in Tonbridge, Kent. It’s just a 15-minute walk from the nearest mainline rail station.
Absolutely not, Consultus heavily subsidise the cost of training as we recognise the benefits our courses offer to carers, clients and our own reputation.
Our new Consultus Carer Houses provides carers training with Consultus with convenient, comfortable and affordable accommodation within easy walking distance of our Training Centre in Tonbridge.