Parkinson’s Explained is a three hour workshop, endorsed by the Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialist Association (PDNSA) and designed to give carers an improved understanding of Parkinson’s disease.
It highlights key challenges for people with Parkinson’s disease such as mobility, communication and swallowing, and has a main focus throughout on the importance of drug management. The course is interspersed with interesting clips of people who are living with Parkinson’s disease and those providing care. Carers attending the course receive their own comprehensive Parkinson’s UK workbook.
By the end of the course carers should be able to:
- understand what Parkinson’s Disease is
- understand the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s
- discuss the various treatments available
- be aware of the impact Parkinson’s has on daily living activities such as:
eating and drinking continence
- consider some of the resources available – including the role of Parkinson’s UK – to improve the quality of life for those with Parkinson’s.
Consultus Care Training Centre is delighted to be working in partnership with Parkinson’s UK to deliver Parkinson’s Explained courses. Parkinson’s UK is the lead support and research charity in the UK working with people with Parkinson’s.
” I found the content of the course helped me gain knowledge in understanding the condition more. Now I would feel more confident in supporting someone with this condition– CP