Online Induction Training
With a mix of course reading, video demos, live virtual training, quizzes and a practical session you will be assigned a Trainer who will guide you through the training journey and beyond. The Consultus Induction course allows carers to qualify as a Consultus carer and move forward into a booking.
INDUCTION COURSE CONTENT
- Part 1: You will begin by reading our Carer Best Practice Guide and short induction presentation which covers the role of a live-in carer. You will complete two online courses: Medication for Domiciliary Care & the Care Certificate. Details of each course will be available once you begin the training.
- Part 2: Carers will then begin the virtual elements of the course, which includes the following assignments: – Topic 1: basic life support and first aid
– Topic 2: infection control, urinary tract infection, and pressure area care
– Topic 3: your role, communication, handling information, medication, and food hygiene
– Topic 4: safeguarding adults, duty of care, Mental Health Act, equality and diversity and mental health and dementia
– Topic 5: moving & positioning, health & safety, and fire safety
– Personal Care (live virtual session)
- Part 3: You will attend a four hour, socially distanced practical training session at our training centre
in Tonbridge, where you will practice moving & positioning and basic life support techniques.
You’ll also receive a training package from our award-winning centre worth over £250*. On successful completion of the induction course, you will be awarded the Consultus Essential Training Course certificate. You will receive your certificates after 6 weeks of successful bookings.
*Deposit required prior to training which is fully refundable after the completion of 14 days’ worth of bookings.
What happens in your first booking?
- Your dedicated Care Consultant will ensure you are given a detailed and lengthy handover by the departing carer, making sure you are fully confident with how to use any equipment
- Your assigned trainer will contact you in the first couple of days of your booking to provide support and advice where required
If you are interested in becoming a Live-in Carer with Consultus Care & Nursing please get in touch with us today on 01732 355231 or contact the training team for more information on the above via firstname.lastname@example.org