Online course - Diabetes awareness
The live, virtual diabetes awareness training is a half-day course that provides a good understanding of the underlying physiology of and the complications with diabetes as well as offering practical advice to help support an individual with diabetes.
By the end of the course carers should be able to:
- recognise the signs and symptoms of diabetes
- understand the role of hormones in blood sugar regulation
- discuss the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- explain how blood glucose is monitored
- recognise and deal with diabetic emergencies
- understand complications of diabetes and how the elderly, in particular, may be affected
- support the client in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
On successful completion of this course, carers will receive a Consultus Certificate of attendance.
“Thank you for the comprehensiveness of this course.” – RB