By the end of the course carers should be able to:
- recognise the signs and symptoms of diabetes
- understand the role of hormones in blood sugar regulation
- discuss the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- explain how blood glucose is monitored
- recognise and deal with diabetic emergencies
- understand complications of diabetes and how the elderly, in particular, may be affected
- support the client in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
On successful completion of this course, carers will receive a Consultus Certificate of attendance and can choose to undertake the nationally recognised BTEC Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia.
“Thank you for the comprehensiveness of this course.” – RB