Carer Update Course
It is Consultus policy that your training is updated every year and our comprehensive Carer Update Course has been designed to help you update your knowledge and skills. This course is mapped to the Skills for Care Core and mandatory training guidance covering a range of topics including moving and positioning, basic life support, safeguarding adults, infection control and medication.
The course is a blend of online and face to face training which is divided into three parts:
- Part One: online training – complete 3 online courses on Safeguarding Adults, Medication for Domiciliary Care, and Infection Control.
- Part Two: virtual training – complete 4 topics using a virtual training platform:
- – Topic One: moving & positioning, health & safety and fire safety
- – Topic Two: basic life support and first aid
- – Topic Three: person-centred care, dignity, Mental Capacity Act and medication
- – Topic Four: nutrition & hydration, oral health, handling information and food hygiene
- Part Three: practical face-to-face training – on completion of parts one and two you will attend a four hour, socially distance training session at our training centre in Tonbridge where you will practice moving & positioning and basic life support techniques.
The sessions run from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm every Monday, Tuesday and Friday with a maximum of eight carers per session. Dates can be found on the training calendar.
Please note that it is necessary to complete Parts One and Two of the course prior to attending your practical training.
We do understand that work commitments can make it difficult for you to travel to Tonbridge, but we ask that the practical session is completed within two months from starting Part One.