Regional Care Consultant
Hampshire and surrounding areas – based at home, office working once a month to attend team meetings as required by the Registered Manager.
To grow the client base within the region through the acquisition of new clients and management of carers. To undertake assessments for new care packages to ensure that our services are aligned to client’s needs resulting in providing an exception service in line with CQC requirements.
- Working alongside our New Business/Triage Team for new business opportunities and coordinate with the Registered Manager to secure new business.
- Grow the region through new business development activities – you will be supported by our Marketing Team and given the tools needed.
- Undertaking assessments for new care packages, and maintaining and reviewing packages as required.
- Ensure the service is safe, effective, caring and responsive.
- Ensure the delivery of quality, person-centric care.
- Ensure any regulatory activity, such as personal care and administering medicines, is delivered within the regulations set by CQC.
- Maintain quality standards and always ensure health and safety compliance.
- Liaise with clients/representatives as well as other Health Care Providers and attend reviews as and when required.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of the clients/employees.
- Mentoring, supervising, and working alongside employees.
- Overseeing the day to day running of the care service.
- Supervise carers in all aspects of their work, giving help and guidance where appropriate and assisting in keeping records and documentation up to date.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulations and legislation including CQC, GDPR etc.
- Ensure accurate paper and electronic documentation pertaining to all clients are maintained and confidentiality upheld.
- Uphold the Company values of empathy, integrity, and respect.
Key Internal relationships
Managed Care Department (MCD)
Key External relationships
Skills and Competencies
- Previous Regional Consultant/Regional Manager experience within the Healthcare/Homecare industry required.
- Level 4 qualification or above would be advantageous but not essential, experience in Health and Social Care important.
- Clinical skills, previous assessment experience, knowledge and understanding of CQC guidelines, understanding of auditting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Make decisions using professional expertise within a structured framework and using existing systems and policies.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Effectively prioritise workloads and time management.
- Understand the importance of completing detailed assessment, involving the client, family / representatives, and other professionals in every stage of the process.
- Provide support to the carers, with the necessary information to enable them to deliver a high-quality level of service to all clients.
- Current, clean UK drivers’ licence and access to your own vehicle.
- IT skills, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- A Caring or Nursing background with clinical experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude
- Common sense
- Team player
- Salary is DOE
- Holiday 4 weeks increasing to 5 weeks, after 2 years of service
- Bupa Cash Plan Health Insurance Scheme
- Performance bonus payments after 2 years of service
- On-call duties on a rota basis once very 6 weeks + enhanced pay (out of hours)
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!