Managed Care Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Managed Care Consultant to join our Managed Care at Home team.
- Tonbridge, Kent based
Consultus Care & Nursing is a leading provider of live-in carers and nurses throughout the UK for over 50 years. We have stayed true to the vision of our founder, the late Mrs Anne Stevens, who always believed that people feel better at home.
To grow the client base within the region through the acquisition of new clients and management of carers. To undertake assessments for new care packages to ensure that our services are aligned to client’s needs resulting in providing an exception service in line with CQC requirements.
- Working alongside our New Business/Triage Team for new business opportunities and coordinate with the Registered Manager to secure the business. No cold calling involved
- Maintain and increase the existing client base by using good communication skills, exercising sound judgment, a well-developed sense of integrity whilst promoting the reputation of Consultus at all times.
- Make appropriate decisions under pressure, when handling both client enquiries and carer calls
- Ask probing questions when trouble shooting a wide range of issues, in a friendly but professional manner.
- Interact with other care consultants in order to maximise performance and effectiveness.
- Interview new carers
- Have a full understanding of relevant regulations, legislation, guidelines and codes of practice
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Level 4 or above would be advantageous but not essential, experience in Health and Social Care important
- Clinical skills, previous assessment experience, knowledge and understanding of CQC guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to: a) Make decisions using professional expertise within a structured framework and existing systems and policies
- Current, clean UK drivers’ licence and access to your own vehicle
- I.T skills, Microsoft, Excel etc.
- A nursing background with clinical experience is desirable but not essential
b) Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
c) Effectively prioritise workloads and manage team time
d) Understand the importance of completing detailed assessments, involving the client, families/ representatives and other professionals in every stage of the process
e) Provide support to the carers with the necessary information to enable them to deliver a high-quality level of service to all clients
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!