Live-in Nursing Jobs
Do you long for a return to one-to-one nursing? A career as a live-in nurse with Consultus makes nursing rewarding again.
Our nurses look after clients who have chosen to receive care in the comfort of their own home. Living with clients for up to two weeks at a time, you’ll provide nursing care for respite, post-surgical, rehabilitation, long-term medical conditions and palliative/end of life needs.
Placements normally range from four to 14 days. For our long-term clients we prefer to offer continuity of care with the same nurses rotating on a two-weekly cycle. This means better relationships develop and it’s easier to plan your time off.
We take great care in choosing our nurses for their approach to their work as much as for the qualifications and experience we insist upon. A caring, compassionate nature, reliability, commitment, flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills are all vital attributes as you become to be part of the client’s home life.
In return, Live-in Nursing offers you:
- real job satisfaction with flexibility
- placements of between 4 and 14 days’ duration
- pension contribution
- financial support towards the cost of CPD
- excellent rates of pay £17.60 per hour Monday to Friday, £19.25 per hour Saturday and Sunday
- holiday pay
- accommodation and meals while on assignment
- travel expenses to and from assignments
- 24-hour support from experienced Nurse Co-ordinators
- reimbursement of mandatory training costs (once you complete 12 weeks work within a 12 month period).
- a registered general nurse (RN1/RNA) with the NMC
- preferably a minimum of 3 years' post-registration clinical work in a variety of settings
- right to work in the UK (we do not apply for or sponsor work permits)
- able to provide two professional clinical references
- up-to-date with all post-registration education, NMC Revalidation requirements and an up to date mandatory training certificate
- can undertake a minimum of 12 weeks' work per year.
Click here to review our live-in nursing recruitment process