Live-in Nursing Jobs
Do you long for a return to one-to-one nursing? A career as a live-in nurse with Consultus makes nursing rewarding again.
Change someone’s life with an enriching career in private nursing. Our dedicated nurses look after clients who have chosen to receive care in the comfort of their own home. Living with clients for up to two weeks at a time, you’ll make a huge impact on their quality of life, providing nursing care for respite, post-surgical, rehabilitation, long-term medical conditions and palliative/end of life needs.
Such is the demand for live-in nursing that we have vacancies throughout the UK, offering you flexibility over the location of your assignments. For many nurses, private nursing is a new challenge which offers them the opportunity to improve their work-life balance and greater control.
Placements normally range from 4 to 14 days. For our long-term clients, we prefer to offer continuity of care with the same nurses rotating on a two-weekly cycle. This enhances the development of the relationship between our nurses and their clients, enabling the clients to feel more comfortable and secure, with improved health outcomes. Our two-week placement limit also makes it easier for our nurses to plan their time off.
We take great care in choosing our nurses for their approach to their work as much as for the qualifications and experience we insist upon. A caring, compassionate nature, reliability, commitment, flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills are all vital attributes as you become part of the client’s home life. We understand that many clients come to us for care at a highly emotional time for them and their families, and our nurses need to be able to assist with both the practical aspects of daily life and the emotional support required.
In return, live-in nursing offers you:
- excellent rates of pay: £17.60 (days) to £19.25 (nights) per hour, plus enhanced overtime rates
- real job satisfaction, seeing first-hand the difference you are making to the lives of those you care for and their families
- a role which offers you flexibility and control
- placements of between 4 and 14 days duration, enabling you to select your placements, their locations and schedules to suit you
- accommodation and meals whilst on assignment
- travel expenses to and from placements
- reimbursement of mandatory training costs (once you complete 12 weeks work within a 12-month period)
- financial support towards the cost of accredited CPD training and a range of development opportunities, enabling you to progress in your nursing career
- pension contributions by Consultus
- holiday pay and other benefits
- 24-hour support from our experienced Nurse Co-ordinators who are there to offer you further assistance and guidance.
Live-in nursing requirements:
- an NMC registered general nurse or registered mental health nurse
- preferably a minimum of 3 years' post-registration clinical work in a variety of settings
- right to work in the UK (we do not apply for or sponsor work permits)
- able to provide two professional clinical references
- up-to-date with all post-registration education, NMC Revalidation requirements and an up-to-date mandatory training certificate
- can undertake a minimum of 12 weeks' work per year.
Click here to review our live-in nursing recruitment process, OR GIVE US A CALL ON 01732 355 231