Private Home Nursing
People are happier being nursed in their own home, surrounded by family and friends, in the knowledge that their dignity and privacy will be respected
Renowned as a live-in nursing specialist, Consultus operates to a very high standard, aiming not only to meet the requirements of its clients, but to exceed their expectations. The service is regulated by the Care Quality Commission and has repeatedly met the high standards required.
Live-in Nursing Services
Our Live-in Nurses are available to look after individual Clients or couples in short-term (minimum 4 days) or long term bookings where continuity of care is preferred. For longer term assignments our Nurses generally rotate on a two weekly cycle. For further information, please call us and speak to one of our Nurse Consultants.
Short term bookings may be for:
- Respite care, when a regular Nurse, Carer or family member needs a break
- Rehabilitation for people who need Nursing care following surgery, a period of illness, or hospitalisation
- End of life/Palliative nursing care for Clients who want to stay in the comfort of their own home
- Clients who want to avoid a hospital admission or seek earlier discharge from hospital
Long-term bookings may be for:
Consultus Nurses will work closely with you, your family, your GP, District Nurse and other Healthcare Professionals to provide co-ordinated, competitively priced, round-the-clock Nursing care. They will also provide companionship and reassurance, and assist with cooking and light housekeeping duties.
Our Private Home Nursing Service offers you:
- A fast, flexible response
- Experienced Nurse Consultants who will advise you on nursing issues, conduct an initial Care Needs Assessment, co-ordinate rotas and provide a follow-up service to ensure total satisfaction with our service
- A stringent recruitment process and detailed employment checks for all prospective Nurses
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure for all Nurses
- Confirmation of the registration status of all Nurses with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Qualified Nurses with a minimum of 3 years post-registration experience and two good professional references
- Quality Assurance surveys with Clients and Nurses
- Full registration with the Care Quality Commission
- Membership of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation and United Kingdom Home Care Association
Nurses' Working Hours, Rates and Conditions
- Nurses work a 12-hour day usually between the hours of 08.00-20.00 with a 2-hour break (a 10-hour working day); these hours are flexible depending on the needs of the Client
- Nurses are available for night calls but in the interest of the health and safety of the Nurse and their Client, these should not generally exceed two per night; it is recommended Nurses get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night
- Overtime is charged for night calls and any extra hours that are worked over the standard 10 hours
- Nurses will complete a weekly timesheet that the Client or the Client’s representative will sign to agree the hours worked; an invoice for these hours will then be sent to the funder
- Clients are responsible for reimbursing Nurses’ return travel expenses from their base
- Live-in Nurses will need a private room with a sitting area and preferably a television, access to essential household amenities and food (or the means to purchase food) to enable them to cook nutritious meals for their Client and themselves
- An ‘Early Release Fee’ may be applied if the booking is cancelled, postponed, shortened interrupted through no fault of the agency
- The Client and/or the Client's representative should read the full Terms of Business and Guide to Live-in Nursing Services before booking our Live-in Nursing Services; a Nurse Consultant will always be happy to answer any questions regarding these documents
Home Nursing Costs can be met either privately, through healthcare insurance or via NHS Continuing Care Packages (also see Funding Options).