Chronic Illness Nursing
Experience long-term Nursing Care in the privacy of your own home by experienced, competent and compassionate Consultus Nurses
Our Nurses have considerable experience in caring for Clients with chronic medical illnesses such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, 'Strokes' and Parkinson's Disease. If you or a family member need long-term Nursing care, then live in home Nursing is an attractive alternative to Residential Nursing Home care.
Consultus Nurses will liaise closely with local healthcare professionals to ensure you receive the best possible package of care. They will also provide:
- All aspects of personal and Nursing care
- Medication including injections and syringe drivers
- Nutrition and PEG feeds
- Mobility and hoisting
- Continence, catheters and stoma care
- Tracheostomies and suctioning
- Encouragement with independence, as appropriate
- Flexibility of care
- Companionship and reassurance
- Assistance and support to family members
Nursing assignments may cover a few weeks, months or years. For longer term placements, we aim to provide continuity of care with Nurses rotating on a two weekly cycle. A rota of 2-3 Nurses can be organised for many weeks and months in advance providing ongoing reassurance to the Client.
Each Client has an individually devised Care Plan which is updated on a regular basis.