Before we can find you work you will need to have a face-to-face interview at our Kent head office.
In the first instance, please telephone our Carer Application Department on 01732 355231.
Our Carer Application Department will discuss your application and answer any questions you might have about becoming a Consultus Carer; they will also provide you with information about our training courses. At this stage, you may be sent an application form and be invited to attend an interview.
Please note that we will reimburse your interview travelling expenses up to a maximum value. This will be payable upon completion of two successful assignments with Consultus. Please keep your travel receipts so that we can reimburse you accordingly.
Essential Supporting Documentation
We try to make the registration process as quick and easy as possible but in health care, protection of the vulnerable is of prime importance. Therefore, like any other reputable agency, we will do a number of checks before we register you, and it will be necessary to see the following at the time of your interview:
- Passport/s, EU identity card, or photographic driving licence
- Proof of right to work in the UK (if applicable)
- Any valid driving licence
- A completed application form with full C.V. if available
- Documentation to support your application, for example, letters of reference and qualification certificates
- Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure application form
- Documentation to support your Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure application, for example, your passport and two other documents as listed in the Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure information pack
- Proof of your currenct address (utility bills, statements, driving licence, etc.)
- Cash, payment card, or a cheque made payable to `Consultus' for £50.00 to pay for an Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure and an Disclosure and Barring Service Adult First check
- Payment for any training courses
- Police check from country of origin, wherever possible
If you do not have a passport, EU identity card or photo driving licence we will need five forms of identification. Please telephone us for more information.
Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure
If your interview is successful and you wish to continue with your application, you will need to undertake an Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure; this will be carried out at the time of your interview by a member of our Carer Application Department. Please bring payment to cover the cost of the government’s standard charge for this, currently £50.00. This includes £6.00 for an Disclosure and Barring Service Adult First check and £44.00 for your Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure application. Regrettably, within the care industry, previously acquired disclosures are not acceptable, no matter how recently obtained. However, if you do already have a Disclosure please bring it to interview.
Interview Arrival Times
Wherever possible, please complete your application form and Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure application prior to attending your interview.
If you arrange an interview that you later cannot attend, please call us as soon as possible to cancel or rearrange.